For couples starting out with dreams of large two car garages with two cars and some garden tools…the baby needs for the first year will take the first bite out of that concrete vastness and gradually the cars will end up in their new permanent home…. the driveway, because your freshman needed to learn the drums!
We are more attached to our clothes, sports equipment and memories then we think so it is really important and more fun to plan enough organized storage in your new house when it is still on the drawing board.
In phase one of all things storage we will look at your Master Closet:
Here are some gorgeous inspiration storage spaces and questions for you to help the process:
- Open or Closed: Do you like your clothes and shoes visible or hidden behind cleanly designed doors?
Or a third option: dark glass doors
2. How many drawers do you need? Take stock of accessories, lingerie, socks
3. Would you like to have space for a small chair or seating area?
4. How much shoe storage do you need?
5. How much other shelving do you need?
6. It’s really nice to have a full length mirror in your closet if you plan ahead, ok this one is super generous but we love the concept!
7. Make up station is a lovely idea if space available
8. Hamper, really great to include this built in if space allows
We love Marie Kondo but we just want to ensure you plan ahead for what you really need for your home!
Orla Regan Huq